Friday, May 22, 2009

Some adventures

Well because I am going to be an "active blogger" now I thought that I would try to get you all caught up on some of the recent adventures Jason and I have had:

Jason took a trip part way up Mt Mckinley this spring to drop off a ration of food for a trip that NOLS is running this summer. It ended poorly with him having to get evacuated off the mountain because he got really sick. These are a few pictures that he took on the flight in (while he was still feeling well) this is the Otter that the 4 guys flew up in. Jason is truley facinated with this plane and its ability.














This is from Wonder Lake looking at Denali








In about March Jason and I took a snowmachine trip up bald ridge. It was hovering right around zero degree's - so it was cold, but it made for a beautiful day! We had unobstructed views of Mt Mckinley. These pictures don't do the beautiful sight justice:




This was also Jackson's first snowmachine trip.













Last weekend Jason and his friend Mike went kayaking down the Mat-Su river. It started out being a nice day, so I thought I would be a good wife and run shuttle for them and take some photos along the way
Jason is in the Yellow Boat












he held on to this one... just barely












and then he lost it













I didn't build the cairn, but I thought it would make for a cool picture

Jason hard at work... not much has changed there :)










And finally, a picture of me taken today. There is a shadow I know, but it gives a good idea as to how much this boy has pushed straight out in front of me!

No comments: